1. Will my entire record be available?
Currently, certain portions of the record are not available electronically. These include:
2. Why do I need a Windows Live ID, Google, Facebook, or Yahoo account?
In order to access FollowMyHealth, all users must login using a Windows Live ID, Google, Facebook or Yahoo account. You may also use a hotmail account in place of a Windows Live ID (A Windows Live ID is the same as Hotmail). These accounts are free of charge and provide necessary authentication technology in the application. If you do not already have a one of these accounts, a link is provided on the sign in page to create one.
3. Why do I need to use my email account to register?
myHealth does not have a direct username/password login method through FollowMyHealth™ Universal Health Record. We have chosen to use Facebook, Google, Yahoo, and/or LiveId (or Hotmail) for a number of reasons. Most people will have one of these logins. Additionally, these login methods each adhere to Open Authentication 2.0 Standards; which provide for a safe and secure login. (To read more about Open Authentication click here.)
Maintaining your privacy is our top priority and we have taken the necessary steps to ensure we meet your expectations as well as all federal and state privacy laws. FollowMyHealth does not store your username and password. Your credentials will continue to be maintained by those organizations.
In compliance with federal patient privacy regulations, all transmitted data is encrypted during this process. The data storage is also encrypted for protection. Your login occurs over SSL (https), which is an industry standard providing secure communication over the internet.
4. Can we fax over a completed sign up form?
No, to help protect your privacy and identity, we require patients present a valid ID and supply current email address in person. This ensures patient records are loaded only to the authorized individual’s myHealth account. If you are currently scheduled for any upcoming service, you can enroll at that time.
5. Can a parent/guardian set up and manage an account for a child/dependent?
At this time, FollowMyHealth does not support enrollment for children under the age of 18 and/or parents requesting access for a minor. If you wish to obtain medical records please contact the Medical Records Department at 202-741-2404.
6. I am not able to send a message to a provider?
In order to send a message to a provider, you need to have an arrived appointment in the system. If you have not seen the provider yet then you will not be able to communicate with the doctor. Please contact the physician’s office to schedule an appointment. Please click here for a phone directory.
7. Can you have a FollowMyHealth and a Patient Online account?
No, as stated on the FollowMyHealth registration form,if you register for FollowMyHealth, your Patient Online account will be deactivated within 10 days. Your patient online correspondence in Patient Online is not transferred over to FollowMyHealth. If you would like to reach your records, please go to http://www.gwdocs.com/medical-records and request for your Patient Online Correspondence.
8. How do I request a referral on myHealth?
Please sign in to your FollowMyHealth account. Click on the “Provider tab” and click on the “Request a Referral” button under your provider’s name and picture. If you need more information, please click here.
9. How can I request medication refill?
Please click here for detailed instructions.
10. How can I request an appointment/how can I cancel an appointment?
Please click here for detailed instructions.
12. How do I request a copy of my medical records?
Patients will soon be able to request their medical records through the portal, for now please visit http://www.gwdocs.com/medical-records to request their medical records.
13. Can I use one email address for multiple portal accounts?
Are you trying to use one email for two or more people but keep logging into only your own account? A common dilemma is when two (or more) people share one email address. Unfortunately, the only way for FollowMyHealth™ to know which medical record you are attempting to access is by the unique username/password assigned to the online record. In order to login to a different FollowMyHealth™ record, you must have a different username/password.
Note: This new email address can be used for login only. You can easily setup your account to have all notifications go to one email address.
14. I would like to sign up for FollowMyHealth; however, I do not have a Google, Facebook, or Yahoo account. I want to use my e-mail account, how do I do this?
You may use your email provider besides Facebook, Google, Yahoo, or MS Live (Hotmail). To use your other email:
1. Go to gw.followmyhealth.com
2. Below the big button, click the link that says “If you do not have one of the above, please click HERE”
3. Click the button that says “Use a different email”
4. Follow the instructions to create an account using your preferred email address
15. I recently received a message that documents were scanned and uploaded to my health record but I cannot see the documents in FollowMyHealth under the documents tab.
For your scanned documents, your updates should be appear in your home page under Newsfeed. If you don’t have Newsfeed on your homepage, please click “Add Healthcare Apps” and add the newsfeed back. If you are not able to monitor them under newsfeed, please go to My Health Tab and click the chart view.
17. Do you have an iPhone/iPod/iPad app?
Yes. You may go here to download the FollowMyHealth™ Universal Health Record to view your record from your iDevice!.
18. On an iPhone/iPad/iPod, how do I login?
You must have an existing FollowMyHealth™ Universal Health Record in order to login on the iOS platform. At this time, it is not possible to complete the invitation (or create a new account) from a mobile device.
To login to the mobile app, please choose the same authentication method as your existing FollowMyHealth UHR. Provide the same username/password that you did for creating/accessing the record on a computer.
19. Can I delete my FollowMyHealth account?
Yes. To delete your account, click on "Settings" in the upper right-hand corner of your FollowMyHealth homepage. Then, click on "Delete Account Permanently" under "Deactivate Account." The system will prompt you to confirm once more. If you so choose, click "Yes," and you account will no longer be active.
20. Can I remove my connection with The GW Medical Faculty Associates?
Yes. One logged in to the FollowMyHealth system, please click on the "Connections" tab and click on the red X. When hovering the mouse over this button, it will say "Remove this Connection." You will be prompted to confirm this action. After doing so, you will no longer be connected to The GW Medical Faculty Associates.
For further information please contact email@example.com.