Ways to Contact Your GW Obstetrics & Gynecology Providers
Questions or Concerns? Call 202.741.2500
- Daytime hours (Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM / Wed: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM): press the prompt for the triage nurse
- Evening/Night hours (4:30 PM – 8:00 AM): you will be connected to the answering service and then to the physician or midwife on call
- Appointment scheduling – press the prompt for your provider
FollowMyHealth Patient Portal
The GW Medical Faculty Associates personal health information system - We encourage you to sign up!
- Appointment scheduling
- Non-urgent pregnancy or health related questions - allow 48-72 hours for a response
- Through the FollowMyHealth patient portal, you may also view your medical records, lab results and prescriptions. If you have not already signed up for the FollowMyHealth patient portal, please sign up at your next appointment.
To learn more or sign up for FollowMyHealth, please visit: https://gwdocs.smhs.gwu.edu/followmyhealth.
Urgent Pregnancy Concerns – What to Do?
Below is a list of some common pregnancy concerns that WE ASK you to call us about:
- If you think you are in labor
- If you are not feeling the baby move
- Vaginal bleeding
- Leaking of fluid
- Sudden or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Contractions or cramps before 37 weeks (the 9th month)
CALL! There is a physician and midwife on call 24/7 available to address your concerns. We would ALWAYS rather you call us and have everything be ok than for you to wait with a problem or health issue. DO NOT use FollowMyHealth or email with urgent concerns - this can delay your prompt evaluation and care.
Billing and Insurance
The global fee for a normal vaginal delivery without complications includes all routine pregnancy related office visits, vaginal delivery and the postpartum visit. The fee may not include Maternal Fetal Medicine specialty care, laboratory testing, ultrasounds, or additional visits due to complications of pregnancy. It may not include hospitalizations, anesthesia services for delivery, or pediatrician fees postnatally. These are additional services that are billed to your insurance carrier.
If you require a cesarean delivery, the surgeon and assistant surgeon have additional fees. Unfortunately, complications during a pregnancy or in delivery can occur. Any charges incurred for complications are not included in the global fee for a normal vaginal delivery. Office visits for non-pregnancy related issues such as colds or urinary tract infections are typically not covered by your “global” fee and will be charged as a separate visit outside the global fee. Some insurance companies have different fee structures for complications in pregnancy.
Please check with your insurance plan for your benefits and plan coverage, deductible amount and co-pays. If you have any questions about your bill, please call our billing office at 202.741.3560.