Schedule an OB/GYN Virtual Visit From the Convenience of Your Home
The GW Medical Faculty Associates Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is pleased to announce that we are now offering Virtual Online Visits. Our virtual visits make access to our OB-GYN providers easier, faster and more convenient than ever for our patients. All you need is a computer, tablet or mobile phone with access to the internet.
Our virtual care appointments are provided on a secure, HIPAA compliant platform for current and new patients. This "virtual care" is just like an in-office appointment with our clinical team members you trust, but is available anywhere you are.
Many common concerns can be addressed via a virtual video appointment without an in-person visit. Our scheduling staff will provide you with the instructions for your virtual health visit when you make your appointment.
We will continue to see you in person as needed for gynecological and obstetrical visits at our Washington, DC and Bethesda locations.
Call (202) 741-2500 to Schedule Your Online Visit
Please call (202) 741-2500 to schedule an online virtual health appointment with Obstetrics & Gynecology. Please keep in mind this service is NOT for medical emergencies or urgent care. If you think you are having an urgent care need please call to be seen in our clinic. If you are having a medical emergency, please call 911.
Online Virtual Health Visit Conditions:
- Abnormal or irregular bleeding
- Birth control consultation
- Breast concerns consult (breast lump, pain, nipple discharge)
- External Cephalic Version counseling
- Family planning & abortion
- Fibroids and endometriosis
- Genetic counseling – pregnancy related
- Gestational diabetes counseling
- Hormone therapy
- Hysterectomy consults
- Infertility consults
- Lichen Sclerosis
- Maternal fetal medicine consults
- Review of labs and test results
- Lactation consultations and concerns inc. mastitis
- Medication questions and refills
- Miscarriage follow-up
- Mental health/postpartum depression
- Ovarian cyst consult
- Sexual pain or other concerns
- STD testing and counseling
- Tubal ligation consults
- Uterine prolapse
- Vaginal or urinary tract infections
- Vaginitis symptoms (vaginal discharge, itching and pain)
Babyscripts Telehealth for Obstetrical Patients
GW Obstetrics & Gynecology is also partnering with Babyscripts, a mobile app that allows your provider to track your health information in real-time, as a telehealth option to our pregnant patients.
Please speak with your provider to see if you are a candidate for this program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does an OB/GYN online virtual health visit work?
We use the secure video platform, Zoom, a health information (HIPAA) compliant video conferencing system that allows you to have a video conference-based visit with your OB/GYN provider You will need to have a computer, tablet or smart phone with a front facing camera to participate in the virtual health visit.
The Zoom application is available for download to use on smart phones and tablets. The apps are available in the Apple App Store and on Google Play. See instructions below for steps to set up your computer, tablet or phone for Zoom. Zoom is a free video communications software and there is no charge for using Zoom.
- What are the next steps after downloading the software?
- Once you have downloaded the software, a box will prompt you to enter your name. Please enter your first and last name.
- The next prompt will ask you how you’d like the audio (sound source) for the meeting to be connected. It is best to connect by computer or the audio on your tablet or smart phone
- Be sure that your microphone is not muted and that your speakers are not muted. This way you and your provider can speak to each other. You will also need to make sure that your video stream is “started” so that you can see each other. You may have to hover your mouse over the screen on your computer or tap the screen on your phone to get this toolbar to appear.
- You should be able to see and talk to your provider. At the beginning of your appointment, your provider will also ask you for an alternate contact number at which to reach you, just in case you have trouble getting started or if you get disconnected during the appointment.
This set up does not have to be done again for subsequent visits.
- Is this service covered by insurance?
- Is my personal health information kept confidential?
Yes! Our online virtual visit platform is secure and 100% HIPAA and HITECH compliant.