An experimental hookworm infection model is being developed to provide early proof-of-concept that a hookworm vaccine targeting the blood-feeding pathway of adult hookworms is feasible and efficacious.
Primary Outcome Measures:
- To estimate the frequency of study product-related adverse events, graded by severity, for different doses of N. americanus Larval Inoculum.
The George Washington Vaccine Research Unit is seeking volunteers who are:
- Males or females between 18 and 45 years, inclusive.
- Good general health as determined by means of the screening procedure.
- Available for the duration of the trial (6 months).
- Willingness to participate in the study as evidenced by signing the informed consent document.
For more information see: clinicaltrials.gov