At the American Academy of Dermatology’s (AAD) 2022 Annual Meeting in March, board-certified dermatologist Adam Friedman, MD, FAAD, professor and chair of the Department of Dermatology at the George Washington University (GW) School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), received a Presidential Citation Award. The AAD is the world’s largest dermatologic society, representing more than 20,500 physicians specializing in the diagnosis and medical, surgical, and cosmetic treatment of skin, hair, and nail conditions.
Friedman, who also serves as associate residency program director and director of translational research at GW SMHS and director of the Supportive Oncodermatology Program at the GW Cancer Center, is widely recognized for his contributions to medical education. He is senior editor of Dermatology In-Review, co-editor of the Full Spectrum of Dermatology Atlas, founding director of the Krazy Kodachromes board program, co-director of the Oakstone Institute’s Dermatology Board Review and Dermatology for Primary Care series, and hosts several educational podcasts, such as the JDD Podcast “Ask the Investigator,” and web series.
“I am thrilled to receive this recognition from the AAD,” said Friedman. “Teaching is one of the most rewarding parts of my many roles, especially when I am able to address gaps in education and care through innovative programming.”
In addition to Friedman’s recognition, the AAD conference will feature presentations and posters from members of the GW SMHS community. Among those presenting is:
- Nagasai Adusumilli, a fourth-year MD student at GW SMHS
- Kaiane Habeshian, MD, assistant professor of dermatology at GW SMHS
- Anna Yasmine Kirkorian, MD, associate professor of dermatology at GW SMHS
- Sarah Millan, a fourth-year MD student at GW SMHS
- Emily Murphy, MD, a second-year dermatology resident at GW SMHS
- Vishal Patel, MD, assistant professor of dermatology at GW SMHS and director of cutaneous oncology at the GW Cancer Center
- Lauren Payne, MD, assistant professor of dermatology at GW SMHS
- Azam Qureshi, MD, a third-year dermatology resident at GW SMHS
- Karl Saardi, MD, assistant professor of dermatology at GW SMHS
- Jonathan Silverberg, MD, PhD, MPH, associate professor of dermatology at GW SMHS and director of clinical research and contact dermatitis at the GW Medical Faculty Associates
- Cleo Whiting, a second-year MD student at GW SMHS
- Joseph Zahn, MD, assistant professor of dermatology at GW SMHS