OnSite Medical Access
Home Health Services in the DC Metro Area
At a time when access to healthcare is increasingly plagued by long wait times, GW OnSite Medical Access delivers immediate and personalized medical attention 24/7/365. Our on-demand house call service aims to provide the highest quality care to visitors and residents of the greater DC Metro area who need urgent evaluation and prefer to be seen at their convenience in the comfort of their home, hotel, or office.
For more than 20 years, The GW Medical Faculty Associates’ Department of Emergency Medicine has specialized in innovative medical solutions and services. In addition to a variety cutting-edge initiatives aimed at streamlining patient care, the MFA has operated GW OnSite Medical Access in Washington, DC continuously since 2006.
Quick Response From a Well-Trained Team
All GW OnSite providers are Emergency Medicine trained physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners who practice in the Emergency Department at George Washington University Hospital and teach at the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. These highly trained providers are recruited from the Department of Emergency Medicine for the GW Onsite program and are equipped to handle a wide range of general and urgent medical complaints to treat adults and kids on location.
Support From WECC
GW Onsite is supported by the Worldwide Emergency Communications Center (WECC), a 24/7/365 telecommunications center staffed by EMT’s and paramedics with specialized training, equipment, and expertise in facilitating regional and global medical consultations. The WECC receives all Onsite requests, completes a brief intake, and connects patients directly with a provider. The WECC remains available to support patients and providers throughout every case.
The GW OnSite Medical Access program is not a substitute for emergency care. If you or someone else is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, immediately call 911.
After a brief telephone evaluation, GW Onsite Medical Access providers travel to you to evaluate and treat patients at a convenient location such as a hotel room, office, or residence. If needed prescriptions are provided or are sent to the most convenient pharmacy.
Phone and Video Consults
When available and appropriate, our providers can evaluate and treat patients over the phone or secure video, ensuring patients receive the most efficient access to care.
GW OnSite can facilitate our clients expedited access to the GW Medical Faculty Associates 50+ medical specialties. The GW OnSite program can arrange appointments, provide logistical support, and obtain patient records.
- What Makes Us Different
- All GW Onsite Medical Access providers have experience accommodating the unique privacy needs of VIPs and high profile patients; this level of discretion is applied to every GW OnSite consultation.
Credibility and Experience
- GW OnSite Medical Access has been serving the Washington, DC Community & its visitors continuously since 2006.
- All GW OnSite Medical Access providers actively practice medicine at the George Washington University Hospital or one of the Department of Emergency Medicine's other clinical locations. All providers are trained in the care of adults and children.
- All GW OnSite providers are affiliated with the GWU School of Medicine and Health Sciences, founded in 1824 and the 7th academic Department of Emergency Medicine in the country. They teach and mentor medical students and residents, perform research, and maintain a constantly evolving knowledge of cutting edge treatments and technologies to ensure that GW OnSite patients receive the highest quality evidence-based care.
- All Communication Center staff are Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technicians or Paramedics. From start-to-finish, all communication and care is handled by credentialed healthcare providers.
Accessibility and Responsiveness
- The OnSite Medical Access service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- GW OnSite is available in Washington, DC and across the entire Washington, DC Metro Area
- The Worldwide Emergency Communications Center (WECC) will answer a request for service immediately upon your call. A GW OnSite provider will be made available to you within 30 minutes.
Dedication and Customization
- GW Onsite providers deliver the highest quality care and service to patients in the most convenient manner possible.
- The GW Onsite program understands that every patient has unique and specialized needs. Instead of offering a “menu” of services, GW Onsite providers evaluate each patient to develop treatment recommendations specific to that individual.
- The GW OnSite Medical Access program is fee-for-service; the specific pricing is based on services performed at the time of evaluation and treatment.
- Our fees are payable by cash or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or American Express).
- GW Onsite does not accept insurance. However, documentation is provided to patients for submission to health insurance for reimbursement.
After a brief telephone evaluation, GW Onsite Medical Access providers travel to you to evaluate and treat your illness or injury at a convenient location, such as a hotel room, office, or residence. If needed, prescriptions are provided or are sent to the most convenient pharmacy. If you are interested in setting up an appointment, please call 202-741-3911.