Schedule a Virtual Health Visit with an Orthopaedic Specialist from the Convenience of Your Home
See your orthopaedic specialist without driving, parking or commuting! Our virtual visits make it faster and easier for you to access to our providers. All you need is a computer, tablet or mobile phone with a webcam and access to the internet.
All our orthopedic specialists are available for Virtual Ortho Health visits – whether you need to see an orthopedic shoulder specialist, spine specialist, sports medicine specialist, foot & ankle specialist or joint replacement doctor – we are here for you.
Schedule a Virtual Ortho Health Visit
Please call our scheduling team at 202-741-3300 and one of our team members will assist you with scheduling your virtual health appointment based on your unique needs. If you prefer, you can also request to schedule a virtual health visit by emailing us at GWOrtho@mfa.gwu.edu.
Orthopaedics Virtual Health visits can include
- New patient consults visits
- Visits to review X-Rays, MRI, CT and other testing results. If these were done at another institution, we will need the images beforehand so we can upload to our system in time for your virtual visit
- Treatment can be recommended - such as physical or hand therapy, injections, medications and bracing.
- Visits to check progress or response to a treatment
- After hours and weekend visits coming soon!
Benefits of Virtual Health Visits
- No parking or transportation hassles.
- No wait times.
- Easy to do – once scheduled you will receive a secure GW / MFA Zoom link to your appointment. Zoom is easily downloaded from the Apple App store or Google Play store
- E-prescriptions from your virtual appointment can be picked up at the pharmacy of your choice.
- Most insurance accepted, including Medicare and Medicaid. (Please check your virtual/telehealth benefits with your insurance plan)
Call 202.741.3300 to learn more and schedule an appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will a virtual health visit work for me?
A virtual health visit can be a good opportunity for a one on one/face to face visit with your eye doctor to discuss your care in detail. Your eye doctor will be able to review your condition, address any concerns that you may have and determine the best plan for how soon you should be seen in person.
- Is this service covered by insurance?
Most insurance accepted, including Medicare and Medicaid. (Please check your virtual/telehealth benefits with your insurance plan)
- What will I need to have for a virtual health appointment?
- Your medical insurance and a photo ID.
- Your pharmacy of choice: Be sure to mention your current local pharmacy name, address and phone number. Also, any allergies you may have to medications.
- Email address: After your visit, you may receive an email with patient instructions.
- A smart phone, tablet or computer with a webcam and internet connection (smart phone or tablet devices are preferred as it is easier to perform the eye examination)
- Once your appointment has been scheduled, our scheduling team will provide you with an invitation to a Zoom meeting via email. Zoom is easily downloaded from the Apple App store or Google Play store and is HIPAA compliant.