Liver & Pancreas Institute for Quality
The GW Liver and Pancreas Institute for Quality (LPIQ) offers innovative and state of the art treatments for patients with Pancreas, Liver, Bile Duct, Duodenum and Gallbladder diseases. The executive director and colleagues offer a combined experience of over 40 years of experience in the field of hepatobiliary surgery and treatments. In these conditions, experience and team matters to patient outcomes. We offer some of the best outcomes of any center in the country. With well over 1000 combined pancreas resections and 700 liver resections, the center offers nationally superior outcomes in a specialized environment.
Our team not only offers surgical approaches to the most complex conditions but also combines expertise in Interventional ablative techniques, Vascular reconstruction, Targeted Precision Drug Therapies, Advanced Stereotactic Body Radiation Treatment, Multidisciplinary Oncologic Pre-Treatment Planning, Clinical Trials and Perioperative Care. In addition, our Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Program Manager provide personalized care with informative and open communication between patients and referring physician caregivers.
- Primary and Second Opinion for Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
- Innovative and Complex Surgery for Pancreas Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Pancreas Resection/Whipple for Benign and Malignant Conditions
- Minimally Invasive Liver Resection for Benign and Malignant Conditions
- Combined Pancreas Resection with Vascular Reconstruction
- Interventional Ablation Techniques
- Targeted Precision Drug Therapies
- Advanced Stereotactic Body Radiation Treatment
- Multidisciplinary Oncologic Pre-Treatment Planning and Clinical Trials
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Program Manager for Personalized Care
- Specialized Perioperative Care
Diseases and Conditions:
- Pancreas Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Diseases of the Gallbladder and Bile Ducts
- Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Pancreas, Liver, Bile Ducts, Duodenum and Gallbladder
- Liver Masses and Lesions
- Pancreas Cystic Lesions
- Bile Duct and Pancreas Injuries
- Pancreatic Cancer Genetic Testing in High Risk Individuals (Ruth Paul Cancer Genetics and Prevention Service)
Fax Number: 202-715-4663
Liver Cancer: Lynt Johnson, MD, MBA is the Executive Director of the Liver and Pancreas Institute for Quality. He discusses liver cancer, its causes and treatment options for those afflicted with the disease.
Pancreatic Cancer: Dr. Lynt Johnson, MD, discusses the prevalence of pancreatic cancer in Western nations as opposed to Eastern countries, specifically the 30,000 diagnoses that arise each year in the United States. While no known risk factor has been identified, unsubstantiated reports suggest an association to poor dietary choices.
In late April 2022, the George Washington University (GW) Transplant Institute’s new Liver Transplant Program completed its first liver transplant, led by surgeons Stephen Gray, MD, a provider with Transplant Services at the GW Medical Faculty Associates (MFA) and associate professor of surgery…