Maternal Fetal Medicine
Services We Offer & Conditions We Treat:
Washington, DC Gynecologic & Obstetric Care
We provide compassionate perinatal and preconception care to a diverse population of individuals and their families using state of the art technology in close collaboration with our community-based referring providers.
We are committed to following best practices in maternal fetal medicine and genetics. We also provider academic and clinical training to foster the development of the next generation of physicians.
Our highly skilled team consists of board-certified Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists, perinatal sonographers and genetic counselors, all of whom work closely with your health care professional to provide the highest level of comprehensive high-risk obstetric and genetic consultative services. Here at The GW Medical Faculty Associates Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine and Genetics, our specialists have training and expertise in screening, testing, and managing maternal or fetal complications using state-of-the-art ultrasound (including 3D and 4D capabilities), along with diagnostic testing as needed.
Our affiliation with GW Hospital is our site for hospitalization and delivery.
- High blood pressure (Hypertension)
- Multiple gestation
- Prior pre-term birth
- Prior still birth
- Thyroid Disease
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Fibroids and uterine abnormalities
- Advanced maternal age
- Family history
- Heritage-based and expanded carrier screening
- Discussion of abnormal results
- Coordination of specialized testing
- Referral and coordination for abnormal prenatal diagnosis
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS)
- First trimester/Nuchal translucency screening (for aneuploidy i.e Down syndrome)
- Non-Invasive Prenatal Screening (NIPS/cell free DNA)
- Second trimester/multiple market aneuploidy screening
- Alpha-fetoprotein (neural tube defect)
- Comprehensive evaluations for:
- Placenta previa
- Pregnancy tumor/molar pregnancy
- Evaluation of amniotic fluid volume (oligo/polyhydramnios)
- Intrauterine growth restriction
- Assessment of fetal growth and anatomy
- Suspicion of genetic/chromosomal abnormalities
- 3D/4D anatomy
- Biophysical profile/Non-stress testing
- Non-stress/contraction stress tests (fetal heart rate testing)
Why Choose Us?
Whether you need the very best in consultation services or expert pregnancy management and care, The GW Medical Faculty Associates Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine and Genetics is here for you with highly experienced and reputable physicians and the most comprehensive range of OB-GYN services under one roof.
From pre-conception counseling through delivery and recovery; from leading edge diagnostic ultrasound services, the specialists at The GW Medical Faculty Associates Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine and Genetics deliver state-of-the-art reproductive health-care services in a caring and considerate manner.
Labor, delivery and other medical services requiring hospitalization are readily available just blocks away, at our nearby affiliate, George Washington University Hospital, world-renowned for its medical excellence.
We also consult with an array of specialists whenever necessary. Accurate results - and getting them quickly - is of paramount importance in managing obstetrical patient care. That’s why The GW Medical Faculty Associates Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine and Genetics also has relationships with qualified laboratories that provide highly accurate and timely test results.
What is high risk and who qualifies?
If your pregnancy should fall into one of the high-risk categories, your care provider may refer you to the Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists for help managing your pregnancy.
The GW Medical Faculty Associates Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine and Genetics providers are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of pregnancy complications, and they'll be by your side to help you manage your pregnancy complications.
In particularly complicated pregnancies, or when very close pregnancy supervision is required, a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist can provide complete obstetrical care.
We offer all of the specialized services needed to care for pregnancy complications:
- Suspected Abnormality on Prior Sonographic Exam
- Family History of Chromosomal or Birth Defect, Developmental Delay, or Hereditary Disorder
- Multiple Gestation
- Advanced Maternal Age
- Post Dates Pregnancy
- Abnormal Placentation
- Fetal Arrhythmia
- Abnormal Amniotic Fluid Volume
- Fetus at Risk for Abnormal Growth
- Vaginal Bleeding During Pregnancy
- Decreased Fetal Movement
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Risk for Cervical Incompetence
- Preterm Labor
- Abnormal Maternal Serum
- Screening (Abnormal 1st Trimester Screening)
- History of Repetitive Pregnancy Losses
- Cardiac Disease
- Teratogen Exposure
New product to be launched at George Washington University addresses disparities in maternal mental health through real-time identification of mental health risks.