The GW Medical Faculty Associates Department of Urology is dedicated to providing expert diagnosis and treatment of urologic conditions.
With a complement of well-trained generalists and subspecialists, we are able to address a broad spectrum of urologic problems. Utilizing the latest minimally invasive as well as traditional techniques, we are able to focus on our mission of superb patient care and education, as we prepare the next generation of Urologists.
As part of an academic medical center, we have a broad range of nonurologic specialists at our disposal with whom collaboration on patient care is an ongoing process. These partnerships allow us to give our patients world class care, close to home.
Services and Conditions We Treat:
- Male and Sexual Reproductive Health including: Erectile Dysfunction (ED), Peyronie's Disease, Hypogonadism (Low Testosterone), Disorders of Libido, Male Infertility, Sperm Extraction for IVF, Microsurgical Vasectomy Reversal, Microsurgical Varicocelectomy, Vasectomy and more.
- Urinary Stones including: shockwave lithotripsy, ureteroscopy with laser lithotripsy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy, and metabolic management of recurrent stone disease.
- General Urology including: benign prostate enlargement, bladder and kidney stones, hematuria, ureteral stricture, elevated PSA, interstitial cystitis, prostatitis, pelvic pain, UTI and more.
- Renal Transplant including donor nephrectomy.
- Urologic Prosthetics including: inflatable and rigid penile implants, artificial urinary sphincter, male slings, and testicular implants.
- LGBTQ Specialized Services including orchiectomy, and genitourinary reconstruction.
- Urogynecology & Female Pelvic Surgery including: female sexual health, incontinence and voiding problems, interstitial cystitis, stress urinary incontinence, urge urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, bowel evacuation issues, fistulas, UTI, pelvic floor disorders, pelvic prolapse and more.
- Neurourology including: video urodynamics, neurogenic bladder, neuromodulation and botox.
- Reconstructive Urology including: urethral stricture disease, genitourinary trauma, urinary fistula, soft tissue reconstruction and hypospadias.
- Urologic Cancers including: prostate, bladder, kidney, penile, testicular, ureteral and adrenal.
- Transition from Pediatric to Adult Urology. We provide uninterrupted, comprehensive urologic follow-up care to pediatric urology patients who will require further urologic care as adults.
Comprehensive Treatment Options
Our urology specialists use the very latest in treatment options including:
- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
Minimally invasive surgery for prostate cancer, kidney cancers and urologic reconstruction
- MRI/Ultrasound Fusion Prostate Biopsy; Transperineal prostate biopsy
Allows for more accurate targeting during biopsy procedures.
- Clinical Trials, Research and Innovation
Bringing new therapies from bench to bedside.
- Cryosurgery for Renal & Prostate Cancers.
Minimally invasive technique which allows us to target very small areas with little blood loss and fewer complications.
- Minimally Invasive, Cutting-Edge BPH Treatment
Laser Prostatectomy, Aquablation and Urolift
- Multidisciplinary Cancer Clinic
Specialists in Urologic, Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncology
- Virtual Visits
The GW Medical Faculty Associates Urology Department offers Virtual Health Visits. Our virtual visits make access to our urology providers easier, faster and more convenient than ever for our patients. All you need is a computer, tablet, or mobile phone with a webcam and access to the internet.
More information about Virtual Visits
- Online Forms
- Free Screenings
Free Prostate Cancer Screenings and Colorectal Cancer Screenings
Men between the ages of 40 and 70, without a history of prostate cancer, can receive a FREE prostate cancer screening, including a digital rectal exam and Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) blood test. Free screenings for colorectal cancer using the Hemoccult test are also available at the same time and location.
Date and Time: Offered the LAST Friday of every month from 8:00am to 12pm by appointment.
Location: GW Medical Faculty Associates Building – Department of Urology, 22nd and I Streets, NW, Suite 2-202, Washington, DC 20037. One block from the Foggy Bottom Metro (Blue and Orange Lines)
Limited Availability. Register Today.
To schedule an appointment for a FREE prostate cancer screening, call 202-741-3106.
The GW Cancer Center offers a survivorship clinic for patients who have completed their cancer treatment.
You can find more information about prostate cancer, treatment options, and support services here: